Saturday, May 16, 2009

MY PROFILE. . .



In the event that I am ever incorporated into the game of “Trivial Pursuit”, following is some information about me that is a “must have”.


I believe I am a complicated person.

In fact, a couple of people I worked with, on different occasions, told me I was complicated and went on to say that they were trying to “figure me out”, but had not yet done so. I took that as a compliment because I find it rare that anyone would care enough about someone to spend time trying to “figure them out”. I think this must be the reason my husband stayed with me for so long – he must have liked that about me. In fact, he said this to me many times, now that I think about it: “Jo, I CANNOT figure you out!” (Oh - I miss that so much!)


Although I have always felt there was something else I was meant to do, I was a manager at a large corporation for an entire career. That worked out quite nicely. For part of my life, however, I had a secret desire to be a cashier. As a child, I was fascinated by cash registers. Then, everybody got rid of the old cash registers with the delightful-sounding clackety keys and I lost that desire.

Sometimes now, I have a secret desire to be a waitress. I am a pleasant person and some people seem to enjoy my company, and my family has ALWAYS enjoyed having me do things for them, so I fantasize that I could rake in large tips. Then I remember that I have been known to trip over my own feet, so I probably need to stop thinking about this.

I think I have a very strange sense of humor. I try to “find the funny” in everything, and usually do. However, I have never learned to appreciate bathroom humor (and I hope I never will).

I have been known to cuss, but I have just about given that up altogether, as I realize that it never accomplished anything whatsoever.

I believe I would enjoy dancing – but have never had anyone to dance with. My husband didn’t care for such nonsense – so I really don’t know why I have this belief. (And then there’s the tripping-over-my-own-feet thing…)

Candy I like: Orange slices - any brand as long as it is fresh. Malted milk balls - Brach’s brand only.

Things I like: Clean Sheets

People fascinate me. As a child, I would rather have listened to an older person tell a story than to play outside. And I loved playing outside!

It is my goal to improve myself each day – even in the smallest way. I want to “let my little light shine” and be a blessing to everyone I meet. It is my wish to learn to love others completely and without judgment because, I think, after all is said and done, it is the only thing that matters.


Oh – and I love that little saying that I saw posted the other day:

“Jesus knows me – this I love.”



Note: If you ask me about myself tomorrow, I will probably write something completely different. But I suppose that is because I am really just like you – complicated.




No comments: